Experienced legal counsel is critical at all stages of business planning, formation and expansion. The central Illinois business law attorneys at Featherstun, Gaumer, Postlewait, Stocks, Flynn & Hubbard take professional pride in providing sharply focused legal advice and strong advocacy for business and agricultural clients throughout the state.
We take the time to learn our clients' goals and priorities to develop a strategic plan targeted at protecting their long-term financial security. Our extensive experience in transactional law also helps us effectively secure our clients' best interests when business disputes erupt.
A Full-Service Law Firm For Illinois Business Owners
Our legal team is committed to providing small and medium-sized companies an economic and efficient alternative to hiring in-house counsel for their business law needs. Our law firm provides A to Z legal services for our business clients, from startup through succession planning. These services include:
- Business formation: Our Illinois business law attorneys are available to provide advice on the type of business entity best suited to your goals. This may be a partnership, C corporation, S corporation, limited liability corporation (LLC) or nonprofit organization. When you select our law firm, we will draw up incorporation documents and help with business plans and financing decisions.
- Labor relations and employment: Our business law attorneys stand ready to help if conflicts arise between business owners or management and the workforce, whether the workforce is unionized or not. We defend our business clients against lawsuits by their employees, and we write policy manuals and employee handbooks to help prevent such conflicts in the first place.
- Commercial transactions: Our business clients often consult with us before undertaking complex commercial transactions. We write and review contracts and serve as negotiators on behalf of clients who wish to buy or sell a business.
- Contract drafting and review: Since 1929, we have developed comprehensive contract agreements targeted at protecting our clients from the risk of financial or legal implications.
- Farm businesses: Many of our business clients are farm owners. We are well-versed in all aspects of agricultural law, including farm leases, farm partitions, drainage law, 1031 exchanges, property rights and defense against claims of agricultural patent violations.
- Commercial real estate: When our business clients need to buy, lease or sell commercial real estate, we provide feasibility studies, lease analysis and contract negotiation services.
- Business and farm succession planning: We provide business succession planning services as part of our estate planning practice.
Contact Our Decatur Lawyers For Business Formation, Contracts And More
Our law firm focuses on addressing clients' business needs with strong advocacy and legal counsel. Contact our law firm online or call 217-615-4792 or 800-768-5446 to schedule a consultation with a highly experienced business law attorney at our law firm in Decatur, Illinois, located near Central Park.